Thursday, April 11, 2013

we went strolling and drank lemonade.

It's seemed like summer the past few days in DC. Hot and sunny, not too muggy. I know this weather will end because it's too good to last and we'll get a real spring soon - it will get rainy and humid and I'll wonder why I forgot AGAIN to invest in a good pair of rain boots.  But for now, it's been perfect weather for shorts and having a beer outside with your bare legs propped up, on a boat if possible. Yesterday was my first time seeing the East Coast shoreline from somewhere other than a plane and my first time sailing. (And, let's be real - my first sunburn of the season.)

This summer, I want more of that. More days sailing and hiking. I want day trips to the beach and nights out with friends. I want to wear flip flops and sunglasses everyday. And lots of sundresses. I want those freckles I get on my face every summer. I want to think a little less and laugh a lot more. I want to cool off in museums or by pools. I want picnics on the Mall and reading in the park and a hand to hold. It's been a while since I had someone to laugh with late at night and I want that again too.

Here's to the next few months of hot, muggy days and warm, summer nights.



(I also want to find this movie on DVD. Grease forever!)

1 comment:

  1. Gosh I haven't seen that movie in 10 years! I need to download it and watch it today. :)

    ReplyDelete

Commenting? How lovely. Please try not to talk about dead cats.