Wednesday, January 26, 2011

a year in self-portraits, and other insane ideas.


I wanted to see how far into this month I'd make it before I started talking about resolutions. Because, really, I didn't want to look at a resolutions post from January 1 on March 20 and be like, "oh yeah... I forgot about that... Hmm..." Which I guess could still happen, except that I don't think so because, well, I SAID SO.

Anyway, I didn't really make a whole lot of resolutions this year. Partly because I tend to not make resolutions, *mostly* because I normally forget what they are a week in. But this year, this ridiculously exciting year, I decided to make three resolutions.

1. Cook once a week. I don't mean like defrost a pizza. I mean cook a legitimate meal from scratch.

2. Wear heels once a week. I'll probably fall a lot, but I'll look hot doing it!

3. Take a self portrait every day.



This is going to be a year of realized dreams. I'm leaving for Montreal later today! I'll (hopefully) finally see New Orleans. I'm getting my Aggie Ring (April 15!). I'm going to finally study abroad. I graduate from college in December. And a hundred other things. I want to remember it all. I want pictures of all of it. I've gotten off to a decent start, documenting my move into my apartment, and I'm excited to see where this project takes me.




I'm posting these photos on Flickr. If you have a Flickr, find me so we can connect there. :)


2 comments:

  1. What a great idea, Valorie! And I'm so jealous of everything you're getting to do this year... Ugh. My last year at A&M was one of the best years of my life, so be sure to savor every single second of undergrad. Life changes after graduation...for the better? I wish I could say that's always the case, but... Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I like day 13. :)

    ReplyDelete

Commenting? How lovely. Please try not to talk about dead cats.