Monday, May 24, 2010

Grade Disputes, Moving, and My Coffee Addiction

So, yeah, like, A&M screwed up my grades this semester. Pretty hardcore. Like, at this moment, I have an F in my oceanography class. The class that I definitely DEFINITELY got an A in. My prof didn't care enough to respond to the several two emails I sent (neither did the oceanography dept head), which was frustrating because let's talk about how an F in that class isn't helping that whole getting-my-scholarship-back thing. So I was forced to go to the school and bitch out speak with the head of the geosciences dept, who figured out the problem and is going to kind of fix it maybe, hopefully by July when my prof gets back from some research trip that apparently keeps him from having contact with the rest of the world.

I'm sorry, but no. Just no. There's NO WAY YOU ARE ANYWHERE THAT YOU CANNOT BE CONTACTED. Not in this day with the level of technology we have. NOT WHEN YOUR RESEARCH INCLUDES SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

Deep breath.

I moved on Saturday. It's not very exciting. But it happened. I live in a duplex now. I like it. It was a stressful move and there was definitely some tension between my old room mate and I that hasn't been/won't ever be resolved, but I've given up caring at this point. I've been avoiding talking about it here, but one day I will.

I have too much on my mind.

All that plus my sick puppy back home plus the stressful mini semester I'm taking have led to a very unhappy Valorie. And unhappy Valorie drinks lots of coffee. In the past 24 hours, I've probably had half a gallon, easy. That's insane. Combined with almost no "real" food, it's been one long stomach ache, which has really meshed real well with the stomach aches from the stress.

But to end this blog on a good note, I sent in a secret to Post Secret today. Also, I finished reading Candide, by Voltaire. Check it out if you get the chance. :)

2 comments:

  1. HOLY COW - a freaking F?!?!? That's ridiculous. and how can they NOT fix that??? I hope it gets fixed soon so you can get your scholarship back. LOVE post secret!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's TOTALLY ridiculous. I am praying for this situation to be resolved quickly!!!

    Also- have you seen/heard the music from CANDIDE the opera/musical? If not... at the very least hear "Glitter and Be Gay". I very much like the Kristen Chenoweth version on youtube. :)

    ReplyDelete

Commenting? How lovely. Please try not to talk about dead cats.