Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hellooooo, 2010!

My first blog entry of 2010! I wish I could tell you that it's going to be amazingly deep and witty and brilliantly written, but I fear I may let you all down once again. Can you live with that? I hope so.

I've just gotten back from a wonderful place called California. Perhaps you've heard of it? I arrived there on the 30th (yes, my last entry was written there. I would have written more but it's such a hassle to type up a whole entry on my phone) and only got back last night. We spent some time with family south of LA, ringing in the new year with them. (This is the same family I went to San Diego with.) It was a bittersweet New Years though. My mom's only brother, my Tio, was recently diagnosed with Alzheimer's and I can already tell it's taking it's toll on him. He looks so much older than his age and even though he's met me hundreds of times it took me reminding him whose daughter I was for him to recognize me. It was tough. His moments of clarity are still more frequent than his moments of forgetfulness, but they're obvious and my Tia doesn't look like she's taking it well. No one in my family is taking it well, really. He's not even 65 yet! He's not old enough to be getting Alzheimer's. Such is life, I suppose. Que sera, sera. Hopefully God's reason for all of this will be shown to us.

The other half of our time was spent with my mom's best friend from college, Mandy (who we went to Munich and Prague with). She showed us all around downtown LA, Malibu, Hollywood... all the touristy stuff that I've never done despite having spent significant time in the area once or twice a year since I was born. It was quite an action packed trip. But of course there was time of shopping, both boutique and giant chains alike, and I was able to rekindle my love with Forever 21. After so many attempts at shopping there and being overwhelmed by how disorganized it was, our relationship was falling apart and we needed the reinvigoration. :) I would love to show you some of the pictures I took, but my laptop is currently being rather tempermental, which is why it's going to the shop here in about 20 minutes. Because I can't take this anymore! I got a new camera (read: the Canon Rebel XSi I've been talking about since JUNE) but I can't set it up if my computer refuses to read the software!

Well, I've rambled on long enough. How was everyone's New Year's Eve? Did you ring it in in style?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting? How lovely. Please try not to talk about dead cats.