Saturday, January 30, 2010

Precious-isms.

As you know, Precious, the love of my life, only lived with my room mate and I for two weeks, but during those two weeks, I learned a heck of a lot about her. These were probably the funniest/most memorable things:

1. You don't walk her, she walks you. Seriously. I cannot count the amount of times she would simply lay down in the middle of the sidewalk (or worse, road) until you walked the direction she wanted you to. Sometimes she might do what you wanted if you had a treat, but not necessarily. She decided when the walk was over, and that was that.

2. She will not get up on furniture. We tried. Numerous times. We literally picked her up and put her on the couch one time, but she got all kinds of upset, jumped off, and walked away from us. I think she thought she was punishing us.

3. She is a jealous lover. One day, I ran into two other dogs. They both came up to me and sniffed me, played with me a little, then I went off to class. When I got home, Precious ran up to me, sniffed at my jeans, looked at me like she was offended, then walked away. She seriously sat down and turned her back on me, and wouldn't even turn around for a treat. I learned quickly not to cheat on my baby.

4. She watches TV, and sympathizes with the characters. I jokingly left Animal Planet on TV one day for her so she wouldn't get lonely. When I got home, she was raptly watching a story about a lion that had lived in captivity and was being released into the wild. She glanced at me when I came in, then kept watching the TV, and wouldn't come to greet me until it cut to commercial. Later, when the lion looked depressed because his friend had died, she whined.

5. She covers her eyes when she sleeps. It's possibly the most adorable thing I've seen in my life. I'm not sure if this is her way of asking us to turn down the lights, but she will remove her paws once it's dark in a room. She also sleeps right up against my bed, so that if I want to get up I have to be careful to step over her. Again, adorable.

2 comments:

  1. this is so sweet! i can't wait to get a doggy again. i miss my two big dogs we had growing up. what a sweet pup you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That is pretty adorable! My cat will watch tv sometimes but not with the intensity of Precious!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting? How lovely. Please try not to talk about dead cats.