Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Rest in Peace, Steve Jobs


   "Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything, all external expectation, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure, these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked, there is no reason not to follow your heart."
-Steve Jobs

Sometimes, when someone famous passes away, people tend to regard that person too highly. This is not one of those times.
-@Digeratii

Tonight, I found out that Steve Jobs had passed away on my iPhone, I fact-checked that on my iPod, and now I'm watching his famous Stanford graduation commencement address on my MacBook Pro. I recommend everyone take the 15 minutes to watch this and realize what a brilliant man he was.

Rest in Peace, Steve Jobs. Thank you for revolutionizing the way we communicate, and thank you for pouring yourself into our world. We will never forget you.
1955-2011

Sent from my MacBook Pro