Friday, May 27, 2011

Photo Friday: Sam Sands

Hello people :) My name is Samantha, and I am so excited to be writing this post!  Photography has always been something that I loved.  I remember when I was in 11th grade, we watched a movie about a National Geographic photographer and his journey through photography.  He talked about looking for opportunities everywhere to take pictures, and I fell in love with photography right then and there.  My dream job would be a photographer for National Geographic (traveling and taking pictures.  Does it get better than that?)  I love the idea of being able to show people how I see the world.  I see things in terms of pictures, always framing things in my mind.  I always want to take something that no one pays attention to, and show it in a way that makes it hard not to stop and look.  There is a silent poetry to to even the hideous things.  
When I got to college, I wanted to take a film photography class, and my parents were nice enough to buy me my first film camera.  I was able to process my own film, and develop my own photos, and I came to love the smell of chemicals on my hands because it meant I was creating something.  I am not a professional by any means, but I do love the art.
These are a few of my pictures taken in my photo classes:









I'd love to have you stop by my blog (samsands.blogspot.com)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting? How lovely. Please try not to talk about dead cats.