Friday, March 9, 2012

Fill in the _____ Friday - 3.9.2012



Yup, I'm filling in some blanks again today! Go link up with Lauren to fill in some blanks too. It's fun, I promise. Also, I'm so happy that today's blanks are house themed because I've been meaning to show you guys pictures of the new apartment we moved into a few weeks ago. :)

 
 
1.  My favorite room in my home is     the living room    because     it's a) where the living happens, and b) the most furnished and "settled in" part of our new apartment right now .

 (Clearly, I do all my work on the couch, despite having my own desk. Sorry, not sorry.)

2.   My current decor style is     minimalistic, with lots of pops of color  but I wish it were more     vintage-y; just a bit though. I really like how our living room and bedroom turned out, but the rest of the place still needs help .

3.  I wish I could redecorate    an extra room (that I don't have) to make into an office     room in my house to make it more    into a place where I can get some work done - VCP means I work from home a lot! .

4. My dream house absolutely has to have a    big kitchen, fireplace and a porch/deck - absolute non-negotiables if/when I buy a house .

5. One house item I am willing to splurge on is    a good bookshelf - the boy and I read a lot (I just finished Pride & Prejudice, and loved it - anyone else?) .

6. A decor trend that I just don't "get" is    having a living room so modern it looks uncomfortable - your hard couch does not encourage me to sit and stay a while .

7.   Lots of cozy blankets, books, and candles   is a little touch that makes my house feel like home. 

How are you guys spending your weekend? I have work tomorrow, but I'm not sure what's going on Sunday. Whatever you're doing, enjoy it! :)

7 comments:

  1. Have to agree with you on P&P for sure. Absolutely, the best book ever written; at least, in my opinion. =)

    I've been paring down my book collection so they will all fit on the built in shelves in our study...down to only two copies of P&P (one for reading at home and one compact travel size, of course).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I loved that book. I got a small one immediately because I always like to read on the bus/metro.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. out "lounge" is our live-in room & its definitely my favorite in the house too! and bookshelves are a must, though I got a really cheap one & am regretting it. oh well. I'll buy a new one when we move.

    Have a great weekend!

    {PS - tagged you in a post!... though think you already saw that}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! I will probably do it myself later this week. :)

      And yes, a nice bookshelf is a must. My last one was really cheap too. It *may* have survived my move to DC, IF the movers hadn't lost the shelves to it. Oh well, an excuse to buy a nicer one, I guess. :)

      Delete
  3. Hey- I came to visit you from Lauren's blog. I too always work in front of the TV even if I have a desk! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, glad I'm not the only one! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  4. Aww this is a cute feature! Love your blog.

    http://thecharleygirl.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Commenting? How lovely. Please try not to talk about dead cats.