Monday, March 5, 2012

You and I? We deserve to be happy. Yes, really.

 {via}

Happy Monday, everyone! I have the day off of my day job today (totally unexpectedly, I got a text at 7:30 am!), so I've been spending my morning eating, cleaning, and now I'm stopping by here before I'm off to the gym.

Since I have a Monday off, I'm in a good mood and feel like the universe likes me, so I wanted to take a moment to tell you guys about the best investment I've ever made. Spoiler alert: It was in myself.

Good spoiler, huh?

I did this back in April. And I'm just now telling you? I know. I'm sorry. I actually grappled with the decision for a while. I'd discovered Stratejoy, a positive corner of the internet for gutsy girls that want to live their best lives, several months before and had devoured every blog post, every tweet, every piece of advice, every thing Molly and her tribe of brave women had to say. But since I was a broke college student, I wasn't sure if I could actually afford to really invest in one of her coaching sessions or group training calls.

Then, Molly released Joy Juice.

Joy Juice is for the ladies out their who think their life is fine. Their job is fine. School is fine. Relationships are fine. Maybe dreams are on the back burner to "reality" but basically, everything is fine.

That was me. That was where I was in this post, in this post, and in this post (and in a few other posts). Everything was fine, but I wasn't happy. It's not that anything was wrong, exactly. I was just so busy doing college and getting where I was going, that I had forgotten where I was going and why. I had lost the passion, the motivation, the happiness. Things weren't great. And I wanted things to be not just great, but amazing! I wanted to be wildly, unabashedly happy with the life I was living. But I just wasn't.

So, I took the leap. I invested in myself through Joy Juice. I wanted a life that was more than "fine." I wanted a life that I think we all genuinely deserve: a happy, healthy, life in which we get to run after our dreams. Molly's Joy Juice is helping me get there.

Here's how it works: It's 120 journal prompts that inspire you, that make you really think about what you want, what your dreams are, and where you're going. They help you get unstuck, find your dreams again, and rediscover your amazing. I'm currently a little behind on my prompts (I answered prompt 65 this morning, but 76 is already waiting in my inbox - oops!), but I can say that these prompts have given me the motivation and the accountability to really examine my life and realize what I want, and are continuing to help me do so. Because of these prompts, I realized that law school is probably not the answer for me, but photography? Oh yeah. Photography definitely is. And now? I just opened an Etsy shop where I sell artistic prints from around the world, and am close to booking my first wedding. So, thanks, Joy Juice. Thanks, Molly.

Your life might be just fine, like mine was. You may even feel guilty wanting more of anything. I know I did - I'm an only child, I had a car, my parents were paying for me to go to college -- what more did I really deserve to ask for? But you can't look at it like that, because we all deserve to be happy and to own that happiness. You (and I!) deserve our amazing.  Drink up, ladies!


In the interest of full disclosure: I am an affiliate with Stratejoy and Joy Juice. That just means that I didn't get paid to write this post, but that if you do order Joy Juice by clicking on one of my links, Molly thanks me with a small percentage. And hey, maybe if you love Joy Juice as much as I do, you can be an affiliate too some day! It's nice to make money doing something you love, right? Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting? How lovely. Please try not to talk about dead cats.