Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Photo Blog!

Okay, I know I've been back from Munich and Prague for a while, but I JUST realized that I never posted a photo blog for you guys. So, long overdue, here are some of my favorite photos from the trip!
One of the first things we saw when we got to Prague -- I love grafitti! It's so beautiful, especially when it's done artfully. :)

The Dancing Building in Prague -- isn't it beautiful? I wish I could have gotten more shots of it, but I never got the chance.

Again -- grafitti. I love it.

Okay, this time, a picture of me with grafitti.

This and the next picture are from a random open air market we found on the street in Prague. It was super cute. :]

Another picture from the open air market -- their fruit was so fresh.

Doors to a church. :)
One of the very random interesting sculptures we saw in Prague.

This is the entrance to the Charles Bridge (Karluv rnost). It was really cool -- there were sculptures everywhere -- some religious, some not -- that were beautiful, but the way the sun was in the sky prevented me from taking a single good picture of them. :(

This was one of the few good pictures I did get on the Charles Bridge -- the guy was having his pupper "play" along with a record that was playing. It was pretty cute.

Neuschwanstein -- I've covered this one before. :]

These statuettes are of King Ludwig and his fiance that never married before he died.

These were some candles in a Munich church we toured (not St Peter's or St Nepomuk's). I'm not totally sure I was supposed to take pictures, but I'm really glad I did.

I know, I know, again with the graffiti. But I love political graffiti. And this time, in Munich, on the back of St Peter's Church! (Unrelated: Can anyone translate that one for me?)

This is a couple I spotted while on our Hitler and the Third Reich tour. They were cute. :]

This is the building where the Nazis (NASDP) had their first political rally. It is now a bar/tavern/thing in the bottom and a large eating hall of some sort on top.

A shot of one of the tables in the upstairs dining hall-type room where hundreds of people gathered to hear Hitler speak as teh leader of the Nazis for the first time.

This is the Apple Store of Munich, which was built on top of the site of the beer hall where Hitler's failed Beer Hall Putsch happened.

This was at the Hard Rock Cafe in Munich. The guitar is a big deal because it's actually a piece of the Berlin Wall. Legit, huh?

This is a picture of Mahdis and I at the ever-wonderful Hard Rock Cafe that I love so dearly. :]

Uhm, cool grafitti, anyone?

A random cute little fruit stand near the Glockenspiel.

The apricots at the fruit stand. They were apparently (according to my mom) the best apricots ever. She hasn't eaten once since she got back to the US because she thinks they won't be as good. She said the same of the cherries.

I love how bright the colors of those cherries were. It was eye-catching.

Just pay attention to the license plate.

This is near the Beverly Hills of Prague, in the Jewish cultural center. If you look closely, you can see a Star of David on the door.

Actually in the area where the Jews were corralled into pogroms before concentration camps were established and running.

A very beautiful church in Prague. :)

We stumbled across a wedding while in Prague for the second time. I decided not to post pictures of the bride and groom (yes, I have some), but I thought this was really pretty and acceptable to post. :]

These were up in the Astronomical Tower, and I thought they were really cute. :]

Here's a picture of the actual Astronomical Tower. We went up to the top and took pictures, but none were particularly mesmerizing or anything.

I know it's blurry, but this was at the five story club we went to in Prague that was crazy fun. It was a great way to end the vacation. :]

Hope you enjoyed the pictures! Havee any of you taken any cool trips recently?


3 comments:

  1. From google translate:

    "The way the Communists are preparing a secret revolution before..."

    Also, I'm glad you went to the Astronomical tower, I read about it in one of those magazine that American Airlines makes and wanted to tell you about it, but never got the chance to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting photos! They seem to capture a different side of Munich and Prague than a typical tourist would see.

    A more fluid translation of the German graffiti is: "By the way, the Communists are secretly preparing a revolution...". Google translate does an adequate job to give you a sense of what is said, but you've got to do some rearranging.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting? How lovely. Please try not to talk about dead cats.