Saturday, July 11, 2009

IKEA!

Okay, so, for those of you that don't know, on August 15 I will be moving into my FIRST apartment. :) I will have my wonderful friend Ayla as my wonderful room mate so that'll be AWESOME. The reason we're talking about this is because, today, my parents and I decided that a trip to IKEA was in order because our apartment will not be furnished at all. Exciting! I love to decorate (if I didn't feel an extreme calling to international diplomacy, I swear I'd be a decorator) so this was like the most exciting day EVER for me. So, I'm going to share with you some of the stuff I picked out!

Oh, I guess I should mention that I'm kind of doing an African safari kind of theme, but not kiddie-like. It's going to be a lot of natural browns and yellows and golds in the room, with little splashes of black. I based this entirely around this comforter I found that I really really want, haha. (But only the comforter, I don't want the rest of the set.) I love giraffe print! Plus, browns really calm me down and that's what I'm definitely going to need out of my bedroom for the next five or six years, haha. To the left is the Mandal bed frame with storage boxes (which is necessary because I'm a packrat and save literally EVERYTHING). It's going to go with this super cool Mandal wallmounted headboard that I'm kind of annoyed is sold separately, but I'll survive because it's awesome! That's the awesome matching Mandal dresser that is great because it's going to bring a little black in the room, so it's necessary to match with like the giraffe and zebra prints. I wish I had a picture of it all put together so you could see all of it and not just kind of nod and smile like I know you are right now, but I don't care! I'm so excited! I also got a matching bookshelf (floor to ceiling...I have a lot of books!), a coffee table and this really cute sofa bed for the living room (you know, a futon...and no, we're not sure about the color)! Ayla is already bringing a TV stand and everything we need kitchen-wise, so it looks like we're pretty much good to move in! Now we're just waiting until August 15th... Hurry up, time! (Assuming, of course, that the world doesn't end before then.)

Anyways, I have to go because it's free slurpee day at 7/11 and I want to bank on that! Hope you guys all had wonderful Saturdays... Tell me, did you do anything interesting?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting? How lovely. Please try not to talk about dead cats.