Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's a Love/Hate Thing

I love being back together with Mr. Man.

I hate this whole distance thing.

It's worth it. I keep telling myself that. It's worth it, it's worth it, it's worth it. Some days, I have to grit my teeth and and mutter it'sworthiticandothis.

See, the past week has sucked for both of us.

His good friend was jumped and brutally beaten and, as far as I know, is still in the hospital.

One of my closest friends and I had a falling out.

Mr. Man's beloved husky ran away.

I'm keeping a huge family secret that only he and Roomie know about at this point, and it's making me anxious.

I want to be there with him right now. Marley (his husky) turned up, but I wanted to be there looking for her, and I wanted to be there to hug him when he heard his friend was in the hospital. I wanted to be able to go over to his apartment when I got my letter from Friend telling me he didn't want us to be friends anymore, and I want him to hug me and tell me that all this family stuff is going to work out for the best.

Not because any of that is enjoyable and my choice for a date. Far from it. But I want to be there to support him and to have that support in return. And I can't always be. And it really really sucks.

5 comments:

  1. :/
    We're in a semi-similar place, so I semi-know how much it sucks, except its much different for me as I'm not dating my boy, so I have as much of a need for him, but less of the possibility.

    But you'll pull through darling.

    And hopefully I will to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It isn't easy, but people do it every day and make it. It has the potential to make you stronger and make your relationship stronger. It makes you appreciate so much more the precious time you do have together. We are a military family and we deal with separation a lot. But, my husband and I have been married for eleven years and while I won't say it's been easy, it's been well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prince Charming and I lived two hours apart for the first six months of our dating life. i hated it. now we live just down the hall from each other, and i like it a lot more. so i do know some of the pain of a long distance relationship, but really i don't think my experience counts totally.

    i do give you a huge bravo for your long distance love affair. everything should work out. Everything works out in the end. If it's not worked out, its not the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are one of THE strongest people i know, so i know you CAN pull through this just as you have in the past. it's not always fun, but in the end things will work out. hope i can see you sooner rather than later cuz i miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's stressful. I did the long distance thing a few times, and it was always hard. Of course it was never the right guy so it ended because I came to the realization that I was dating someone SO not right for me, which probably took a little longer since I wasn't right there. But it does work for some people, as hard as it is. I hope you find a way to be happy, regardless of the path you take - and do find friends to surround yourself with who help you rather than put further stress on you. There's enough of that already!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting? How lovely. Please try not to talk about dead cats.