Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Ooey-Gooey Mushy Day

Honestly, I was considering not even acknowledging this poor excuse for a holiday on my blog. I'm of the hating-Valentine's-camp, for what I (and many others, I'm sure) think is a good reason. I just... Don't understand why we dedicate only ONE day of the whole YEAR to telling our significant other that we care about them. We should do that every day! You know? I'm sure that's not the first time you've heard that argument, and it definitely won't be the last, but... I don't know, I feel pretty strongly about it.

Of course, Mr. Man knows all this, so he put aside his hopeless romantic tendencies and we had a very chill holiday -- in fact, I didn't even leave my apartment until I walked him out to his car when he left to drive home. He was here all weekend, so we slept in late (NOON! I never sleep that late!), relaxed and grazed (my term for "snacking") all day. I made him my AWESOME chocolate chip pancakes for lunch and we watched a four hour marathon of I Shouldn't Be Alive on the Discovery Channel, followed by dinner and Sweet Home Alabama. :) We shared some chocolates and said "Happy Valentine's, sweetie," and that was that.

Granted, we did go out dancing last night, but that was more a big group thing and Mr. Man really only went because I told him I was going with or without him and that he didn't actually have to dance, he just had to go. (He didn't dance, but he had fun and he's going to learn to country-western dance now.) We're very blunt/honest with each other, as you can tell. :) I think it makes for a healthy relationship. Better than sugar-coating and lying, right? Let's hope.

Happy Valentine's Day, blog-loves. Did y'all celebrate?

(img cred.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting? How lovely. Please try not to talk about dead cats.