Sunday, February 7, 2010

Weekend Whoop!

This weekend started early for me, on Thursday. It was necessary -- school was being stupid and stressful (not that it WON'T be stressful this week, but whatever), and job applications (ie job rejections) are taking their toll, so Mr. Man and I drove up to Waco that night for dinner and a movie. Dinner was all right (Fazoli's was not on their game that night), but the movie was pretty good. We saw Ninja Assassin, and let me tell you, if you're in the mood for action/gore with almost no plot and a muscular man, this is the movie for you. Also, moms, if you really think your precious son needs to take up jiu jitsu/karate and/or be obsessed with ninjas/jump around the house acting like a maniac for a few weeks, this movie is a must-see. Mr. Man for one is definitely claiming that he's going to train to be a ninja warrior now. (I think he's mostly joking.) Seeing him was the best part of that night. I knew what I was getting into with a long-distance relationship, and that we wouldn't be able to see each other every single week, but getting to see him so soon after getting together and knowing that I get to see him again on Friday, makes getting through my crazy hectic week so much easier. Whoooop!

Friday: I finished out classes, then went and saw Dear John with my roomie and a friend of ours. Wow, that movie was incredible. Whooop! The storyline was very powerful and sweet and made it so easy to see how transformational love can be on a person. Definitely see it, but be warned -- it is so not a first date movie. If your man knows you cry in movies, then you're a little safer, because even I cried, and I never cry in movies.

Saturday: I worked out, went shopping with the roomie and the same girl we saw Dear John with, studied with a friend from high school, then came home and watched American Dreamz (which has to be one of the weirdest movies I've watched to date) with those two girls and Kassie! Then we played Apples to Apples, and well, you know the rest of the story. We had a lot of fun and laughed a lot, so all was good. Whooooop!

Sunday: Church, pancakes, coffee. This needs to become a tradition. Whoop! Unfortunately, because my weekend started so early, it was over pretty early too -- I made my To-Do List for the week and it spans two columns of an 8.5X11 inch sheet of paper. It's also color-coded, I thought you other OCD people might appreciate that. :) I should probably get onto finishing it... Tssssss!

1 comment:

  1. GAH! I love Fazoli's! Totally went there on a night out during camp last summer :)

    And I agree, DEAR JOHN is good, though the book is a bit different... but when ISN'T a book different from the movie? Both good though.

    Love you girlfran!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting? How lovely. Please try not to talk about dead cats.