Saturday, March 20, 2010

Broken Heart Story

I found this quote on teacups in peony's blog and I fell in love with it immediately. It's exactly how I feel about how Mr. Man and I's break up a few years ago. I don't know if you've ever had your heart broken by a boy, but I think we've all had our hearts broken by something, so maybe you'll enjoy this too:

"And maybe, just maybe, her heart needed to be broken. Broken and shattered and stomped into pieces. Then she could finally look down at the pieces, study each one and spend time getting to know the person she'd become. And when she finally had all the pieces back together again, a little crooked, a little jumbled but sealed firmly with love, she'd realized she was more beautiful than ever. Because this time, she would love herself."

-sigh.- True story. I know I'm a stronger person because I was broken hearted and alone for so long. What about y'all?

edit:// Apparently, I wasn't totally clear in this -- this is an old breakup, from before college. We've since gotten back together. :)

1 comment:

  1. sorry to hear about the breakup that quote is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting? How lovely. Please try not to talk about dead cats.